View a sample issue
Project: Income Opportunities Magazine
In December 1996, no longer able to devote internal resources to the ongoing maintenance of the site it designed for its first client, Cybernautics, a successful Web design firm, decided to outsource this responsibility to DF Communications.
This ongoing maintenance project which lasted until early 1998 required:
- The timely conversion and production of a Web-based version of select items (regular columns and feature articles) from the monthly print publication Income Opportunities Magazine
- Creation of graphic headlines and subheads, resizing and placement of photos and other design elements from the print version
- Integration of each month's issue into the main Income Opportunities web site --a portal site for small businesses and entreprenueurs
- Updating elements of the Income Opportunities home page
- Archiving of each month's prior issue and updating of each prior year's archive of online issues
Additional tasks included:
- Development, testing, and integration of various customer service cgi forms including forms for new subscriptions, subscription renewals, changes of address, advertising rate requests, and occasional contest registrations.
- Updating of the site's annual Small Office/Home Office SOHO Technology Product Buying Guide which featured photos and descriptions of as many as 150 products